Who can join?
Membership is available to people over the age of 18, who can swim in light clothing.
Please note that there is a limit to the number of beginners that we can cope with and we administer waiting lists for people who want to learn kayaking within the club.
Benefits of membership
- Free coaching and tuition from experienced paddlers
- Access to club paddling kit and boats at discounted rental rates
- Access to other club members via the BCC Google Group
- BCU Third Party Insurance cover when on club trip
- Discounts at several canoe shops (e.g. Whitewater The Canoe Centre, Shepperton)
- Club training fund can subsidise cost of relevant external courses to members who provide leadership, coaching, safety cover.
- Able to access members area of website and to book sessions online
Priority to attend trips (river, surf, etc) will also be given to Full Members.
Unfortunately we do not have any capacity to store private boats or equipment.
Details of current membership fees and all other club fees.
How to join
If you are already a member and signed into the website, then you can renew your membership.
If you have never been a member of BCC and are potentially interested in joining the club or trying out some of our sessions, then please contact us , giving us some details about your kayaking experience and interests. We will suggest which of our club sessions or trips may suit you so that you can see if you the club suits you. before inviting you to join the club.